Friday, February 11, 2011

"Born this way" Vs "Express yourself"

Madonna gaga express yourself
For those who can not hear the similarities between Lady Gaga's Born this way and Madonna's Express Yourself a kind Youtuber has created a video to aid the journey towards awareness of this fact.

Let me just say I am totally aware that pop music often borrows from what came before, but Born this way is just a lazy version of  a great song. I don't think I would have minded so much if Gaga had improved somehow on the source material but as it is it's just disappointing and anaemic.

Still, seems like I may be in the minority as Born this way has been getting good reviews and is breaking sale records. Just how much of the sales is hype will be evident as the weeks go on. I just hope this derivative, manipulative trash isn't a sign of things to come from Gaga...  

*skulks off to listen to the fame Monster* :( 



UPDATE: PRODUCER OF KOREAN GROUP SNSD IS ALSO CLAIMING SIMILARITIES BETWEEN HIS TRACK BE HAPPY AND BORN THIS WAY! LISTEN HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment